Thursday, November 10, 2011

If you’re better at searches you’ll know more than your Doctor. You literally do a better, faster diagnosis.

To some degree that could be true. But it’s not enough to know something. Experience plays a huge role. It’s not like I can read how to conduct open heart surgery and then go perform an operation. But maybe I could if it were an absolute emergency. Assuming I don’t faint at the sight of blood.

This wouldn’t be like The Matrix – where I download how to fly a helicopter then jump in and take off. But it might help if I were taking flying lessons from a professional.

Relieve me from the burden of memorization – but I still have to develop the muscle memory.

A lot of factors differentiate people way beyond mere information. Sure, you’ve got to have the info to begin with. But how you deal with situations, interact with people, control emotion… those are real attributes that aren’t going away.

No comments:

Post a Comment