Saturday, August 13, 2011

Idea for my high concept

I remember sitting in a business meeting in the late 90’s. I knew the material pretty well so I didn’t fire up my laptop at the start of the meeting.. Then the customer kept drilling down and asking for facts that I didn’t have memorized. I started writing down his questions and telling him I’d get back to him. After about the 10th question, I fired up my laptop, searched for the data, and answered his questions.

Afterwards, I thought – man, wouldn’t it be nice if I could tap into my laptop, put a little screen inside my glasses that only I could see. Boy, wouldn’t I look like a genius because no one else would be aware.

Then I thought about the social implications. I thought about meeting some girl in a bar. Cyrano de Bergerac style. Switching from scientific to philosophic to comedic mode. Having software sophisticated enough to give you the next line to anything she says or anything you hear.

How many times have you said, ‘Man, I wish I had said such and such’ after a conversation.

And I’ve always believed it’s inevitable so I finally decided to write a book about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment